2019 Sharon Springs Poetry Festival -- Dinner with the Poets
Klinkhart Hall Arts Center, Inc. is proud to present the third Sharon Springs Poetry Festival, in Sharon Springs, NY October 17-19, 2019.
This year's events will begin with a fundraiser for the Festival: Dinner with the Poets at the American Hotel on Thursday October 17 at 6:00 PM for cocktails (cash bar) and 6:30 PM for dinner. Attendees will be able to meet the poets in advance of the public events, and each of the visiting poets -- Ellen Bass, Michael Dickman, and Erica Jong -- will offer a special reading from their work. Based on past events it will be a fun and entertaining evening that you don't want to miss!
The menu for the event will be a special four course meal: soup, salad, main course, and dessert. Seating will be "family style." Cash bar will be available.
Thanks to the generosity of the American Hotel, 100% of your ticket purchase will go to support the Poetry Festival.
About the Festival
Founded in 2017 by internationally acclaimed poet Paul Muldoon -- Pulitzer Prize winner and 2017 recipient of the Queen's Medal for Poetry (UK) -- the 2019 Festival features award-winning California-based poet, nonfiction writer and educator Ellen Bass, Princeton University faculty member and award winning poet Michael Dickman, and Erica Jong, acclaimed novelist and poet. (Click the name to read more about the poets.)
The Festival offers free events including:
The workshops will be followed by a full afternoon of special programming:
- Friday, October 18, the visiting poets conduct poetry workshops with middle and high school students at Sharon Springs Central School (not open to the public: invited students and teachers only).
- Also Friday October 18, a free public reading by the visiting poets at 7 PM in the Sharon Springs Central School Auditorium.
- On Saturday, October 19, Ellen Bass and Michael Dickman will join Paul Muldoon at 10:00 AM at the Sharon Springs Free Library to conduct free community workshops. (These workshops are always fully subscribed so pre-registration is required.)
- To register you need to "purchase" a free workshop ticket. Follow this link: www.poetryworkshops.brownpapertickets.com
Click here for directions.
- At 2:00 PM Ellen Bass will deliver a talk, "Strange Angels: Discovery in Poetry."
- At 3:00 PM, Michael Dickman will also deliver a talk, "Surprising Images and Lyric Moments in a Handful of Contemporary Poems".
- And at 5:00 PM, join us for "Erica Jong in Conversation with Jean Hanff Korelitz".
All three of these events will take place at the Roseboro Hotel in historic downtown Sharon Springs.
Complete details, including more information on the poets, workshop registration and directions to venues can be found at www.klinkhart.org/poetry.
The American Hotel (View)
192 Main Street
Sharon Springs, NY 13459
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|