Next To Normal - Presented by The Castle Craig Players
The Goodmans seem like a perfect family. The only problem is that sometimes mother Diana is, well a little too happy. Her husband Dan worries all the time. Her daughter Natalie seems awfully intent on getting that scholarship to Yale so she can leave home. And her son Gabe, well thats another story entirely. A musical about the devastating toll of mental illness on a contemporary suburban family might seem odd, but NEXT TO NORMAL turned out to be one of Broadways biggest hits. This modern rock musical won three Tony Awards in 2009 and the Pulitzer Prize for its heartbreaking, humorous and unflinchingly authentic look at a suburban family struggling with the effects of one family members bipolar disorder. Each characters journey is punctuated by powerful music scored by Tom Kitt (AMERICAN IDIOT). NEXT TO NORMAL is, in the words of The New York Times, much more than a feel-good musical; it is a feel-everything musical.
Senior Citizen pricing is reserved for those aged 65 years and older. Age verification may be requested at the door.
* This production is presented cabaret style with table seating. Patrons are invited to bring their own food & beverages. Doors will open 60 minutes prior to show time.
* Due to table configuration, parties larger than 5 may be seated at adjoining tables. Every effort will made to seat larger parties at tables next to each other
* Anyone that is purchasing tickets under different names, but wishes to be seated with another party or person, MUST contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org with names of all party members and the date of the show you are attending
* Tickets purchased under one name will automatically be seated together, or near each other if they are a party greater than 5
* Please contact Melanie at email@example.com if you have any questions about seating
* Parking is available on street on a first come, first serve basis, as well as across the street in a municipal parking lot and/or behind the theater in a municipal garage. NOTE: Within the garage, there are several parking spots reserved for state employees and apartment tenants, each with clearly marked signage. Please comply with that signage or your vehicle could be subject to towing at your expense.
The Almira F. Stephan Memorial Playhouse (View)
59 West Main Street
Meriden, CT 06450
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|